- This event has passed.
Energy Storage Grand Challenge Projects Dissemination
Thursday 25th January 2018 @ 10:00 am - 7:00 pmFree
Final dissemination event, Thursday 25th January 2018
IET Savoy Place, 2 Savoy Place, London, WC2R 0BL
The Status and Future of Energy Storage Research
This event is now fully booked.
The two major Grand Challenge Energy Storage research projects: Energy Storage for Low Carbon Grids and Integrated, Market-fit and Affordable Grid-scale Energy Storage (IMAGES) will present the outcomes of their fundamental, multi-disciplinary research, carried out by 10 Universities, which will inform future development of storage technologies and energy system integration challenges.
This Dissemination event will cover:
- Key outcomes of the two projects, including identification of the system benefits that storage technologies can provide in facilitating a cost-effective transition to a low carbon UK grid.
- Presentation of the White Papers published by each project.
- Advances in storage technologies, including manufacturing and control.
- System value, market integration and policy.
- Expert Panel discussion about the implications of this research and suggestions for future work.
- A poster and networking session.
- Drinks and a buffet dinner.
We are very grateful to our Advisory Board members, who have provided many invaluable insights for the success of our projects.