- This event has passed.
Energy Transitions 2018
Monday 19th March - Tuesday 20th March
Leadership in a climate of disruptive change
At the Chatham House Energy Transitions conference, David Nelson, Executive Director for Energy Finance, Climate Policy Initiative will assess the impact of climate-related financial risk disclosures by companies as well as the implications for energy sector investment.
In the context of disruptive innovation and recent political shifts, the agenda will assess the potential for new leadership and key drivers in the transition towards a low carbon future.
Discussions will focus on:
- Global energy governance and the geopolitics of the shift to renewables
- Technologies posed to disrupt the energy landscape, and the potential efficiency gains across the supply chain
- The practical considerations and implications of increased electrification
- Effective measures to close the investment gap and expedite capital allocation, and the risks accompanying scaled up low-carbon energy finance
- The economic and resource consequences of accelerating transitions regionally
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr Christoph Frei, CEO & Secretary General, World Energy Council
- Laura Cozzi, Co-head World Energy Outlook, International Energy Agency
- Lord Adair Turner, Energy Transitions Commission
- Matthias Buck, Agora Energiewende
- Nick Butler, Financial Times
- David Nelson, Climate Policy Initiative
- Mona Yew, China Demand-Side Management and Energy Efficiency Project
- Dr Liana Cipcigan, Co-Director, Electric Vehicle Centre of Excellence, Cardiff University
For more information or help with your registration, please contact Charlie Burnett Rae on +44 (0)20 7957 5727.