- This event has passed.
Improving Air Quality Through Vehicle Technology Innovation
Thursday 14th June @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pmFree
The Clean and Smart City Conference, hosted by Cenex, considers the role of ultra-low emission vehicle technology developments in improving air quality in cities together with the emerging landscape of Connected Autonomous Vehicles. The conference is delivered in the following three sessions:-
Session 1 – Project ACCRA (Autonomous and Connected vehicles for CleaneR Air)
This session presents the results of project ACCRA, an Innovate UK funded project developing a system to capture real-time air quality readings that trigger hybrid electric engines to switch automatically to zero-emission running. The geo-fencing technology has enabled a decision-making engine capable of taking inputs from a range of city data, such as live air quality information and real-time traffic conditions, to activate on-demand zero-emissions running instructions.
- Air quality and the Leeds CAZ – Leeds City Council
- Real-time air quality measurement – EarthSense
- Traffic modelling in the Leeds CAZ- Transport Systems Catapult
- Active Geofencing – Dynniq
- ACCRA System Demonstration –TEVVA Motor
- System Markets and Barriers – Cenex
Session 2 – Air Quality Policy and Case Studies
This session discusses the wider drivers for improved air quality and case studies from cities implementing air quality improvement initiatives.
- Why air quality needs to be acted on – Client Earth
- The challenges of measuring ‘Real Driving Emissions’ and their impact on local air quality’ – Cambustion
- Experiences from London low emission zones – Tfl
- Air quality improvement initiative case studies
Session 3 – Connected Autonomous Vehicles Policy and Case Studies
This session discusses the road map for connected and autonomous vehicles and case studies from CAV projects.
- The UK CAV roadmap
- The West Midlands CAV test bed –WMG
- CAV communication standards development, Ordinance Survey
- CAV Project Case Studies