- This event has passed.
Low Carbon Vehicle Partnership 2018
Thursday 12th July @ 9:30 am - 7:00 pm
Progress to a zero emission transport future depends not just on the availability of the right vehicles and fuels but also on the willingness and enthusiasm of consumers and fleet buyers to adopt them. Increasing consumers’ appetite for change through supportive policies, effective marketing and other actions will help determine the rate of progress, but will this be enough? Find out how experts view the ‘people, policy, product’ conundrum at the LowCVP’s 2018 Annual Conference.
The Conference will address what it’s going to take to bring consumers on the zero emission journey. What are the most effective ways to motivate car buyers and ‘mobility consumers’ to change their choices for the better? How do we capture their imagination and tap into what’s important to them? Is it possible to break-up their love affair with their fossil energy-powered car; or create such strong demand for zero emission public and private mobility that it shapes the industry for many years to come?
This, and so much more, will be discussed and brought to life – with the consumer at the heart.
The LowCVP, established in 2003, is a public-private partnership that exists to accelerate a sustainable shift to lower carbon vehicles and fuels and create opportunities for UK business. Nearly 200 organisations are engaged from diverse backgrounds.
- Keynote: Jesse Norman MP, transport minister, Department for Transport (invited)
- Dr Jenifer Baxter, Head of Engineering, IMechE
- Andy Eastlake, Managing Director, Low Carbon Vehicle Partnership
- Edmund King OBE, President, The AA
- Dr Bob Moran, Head of Environment Strategy, Department for Transport
- Chris Perry, UK Lead, Maas Global
- Martin Reeves, Lombard Vehicle Solutions