Next steps for a smart and flexible electricity network in the UK
Tuesday 12th December @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pm£210
WEETF Keynote Seminar
This seminar will discuss policy priorities, and regulatory challenges, for establishing a smart electricity network in the UK and bring together stakeholders with key policymakers to examine the Government’s Smart Systems and Flexibility Plan, including its proposals to reduce barriers to increasing energy storage capacity, and to put homes and businesses in greater control of energy usage – with the aim of reducing overall costs.
It will also be an opportunity to discuss the Government’s recent announcement – in the Clean Growth Strategy – to invest £265 million into smart systems between 2015 and 2021.
Discussion is also expected on the outlook for network control system developers, installers and infrastructure suppliers in the wider integration of smarter management and monitoring systems in the distribution and transmission network.
Confirmed Speakers include:
- David Capper, Deputy Director and Head of Electricity Systems, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Eric Brown, Head of Innovation, Energy Systems Catapult
- Simon Innis, Director, VINCI Energies UK and ROI
- Professor Keith Pullen, Professor of Energy Systems, City, University of London
- Stewart Reid, Head of DSO and Innovation, Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks