Vehicle to Grid (V2G) Training Workshop
Wednesday 31st January @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm£90 - £352
The smart integration of electric vehicles into the grid has the potential to radically change the energy landscape. Vehicle to Grid (V2G) technology will play a key role in the transition from centralised generation to more energy self-sufficient cities and communities. The aggregation of large numbers of EV’s, with grid connectivity, may also help play a key role in managing variable power demands and supporting grid stability.
This workshop will provide a comprehensive overview of current developments in V2G and will focus on four themes covering the need for V2G, applicable markets and business models, technical system aspects and business case studies.
Each theme will include a training presentation from Cenex supported by a series of industry presentations including: –
- “EVs and their impacts on the power network, opportunities for distributed storage and V2G” – UK Power Networks
- “Why V2G can be part of the solution” – Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV)
- “The impact of V2G on the UK electricity supply and demand system. V2G role in ensuring market flexibility”- e-on
- “Aggregating V2G assets” – Nuuve
- “Why Costain views V2G as a viable technology and our current and future plans”- Costain
- “Experiences of using a V2G unit” – Grid Edge
The Course is currently being accredited to offer a V2G Continuing Professional Development (CPD) qualification.
The delegate fee covers access to course presentations, CPD certificate, buffet, refreshments and free parking. The conference venue is 5 mins from M1 jct 26 and accessible by tram and public transport. For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Early booking is advised as the previous LEVEL V2G event ‘sold out’ shortly after tickets went on sale.