This is an opportunity for a paid internship lasting 6 months, with the potential to extend.
“Our electricity systems are changing. The established model of large scale power plants distributing energy through a transmission system and then a distribution system is being replaced with intelligent local systems, generation distributed right through the network at many different scales and above all, the wholesale penetration of intermittent renewable generation infeed.
The secret sauce which will help complete one of the most important infrastructure revolutions of our time is electricity storage. Many studies indicate that its wholesale adoption would save several billion pounds per year in the next decade by more efficiently balancing the network, making the best use of the cheapest, greenest resource available at the time.
But how much should be built? of which type and when? should it receive economic support from the government? and if you invested in storage what would the return be?
Energy economics is a challenging field. And the economics of storage ranks amongst the most challenging of problems in energy economics. Very few people understand it and even fewer have the capability to analyse it.”
Highview are seeking a motivated and professional person to join their team. They are seeking someone who is:
· Able to have an analytical approach
· Proficient in Excel
· A good communicator, planner and organiser, as well as having administration and IT skills
· Able to work as part of a team as well as on own initiative
· A holder of a first degree in an Engineering subject
Additionally, desirable traits include:
· Experience in an engineering company
· Understanding of the energy/power system and/or experience of economic modelling would be an advantage
Please send a CV with a 200 word max cover letter to: