£23,900 – £30,000 p.a.
Based at Siemens, Hebburn, Tyne and Wear, you will lead a Knowledge Transfer Partnership project working within the Mindsphere Applications Centre for Battery Intelligence to develop and embed deep domain knowledge of battery systems. This involves energy storage technologies and applications with particular focus in grid-connected systems. The work will allow Siemens to assess the impact of choices made at a system level regarding the design and operation of fleets of batteries and support the creation of novel digital services for energy storage.
Candidates with a PhD in a relevant area of research including a good knowledge and understanding of battery systems are preferred. Suitable candidates with an MSc or a strong relevant degree will be considered. The successful candidate will have strong skills in modelling and simulation of relevant systems. He/she will also have skills in in developing and integrating software tools and internet applications and experience in electrical network management techniques.
• The opportunity to undertake a Higher Degree
• Attendance at two residential managerial workshops (each of one week’s duration)
• £4,000 individual training budget
• The opportunity to lead a project, develop project management skills and improve long term career prospects
• Management training and mentoring by an Innovate UK KT Adviser
• Full access to university resources to complete the project
The KTP Associate will be an employee of Newcastle University but will spend most of their working time at the company’s premises in Hebburn, Tyne and Wear. Although the contract is fixed-term for a duration of 2 years, more than 70% of KTP staff are made a permanent job offer by their KTP company.