£30,395 – £42,036 p.a.
To create and contribute to the creation of knowledge by undertaking a specified range of activities within an EPSRC funded project on thermal energy storage area.
• Plan and conduct own original research
• Formulation, characterisation, optimisation and manufacture of composite thermal energy storage materials
• Investigate fundamentally the mechanism of thermal properties changes of the composite materials
• Design, construction and experimentally measure flow and heat transfer behaviours in thermal storage devices
• Interactions with both academic and industrial collaborators in the programme consortium, and building internal & external contacts and networks.
• Helping with training PhD students and other group members who are working on similar areas.
• Writing journal and conference publications.
• Organising review meetings and seminars.
• Supervising student’s projects at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
• Helping with writing grant proposals
• Assisting supervisors to train researchers and students new to the laboratories and to ensure the laboratories to meet health and safety requirements