The overall purpose of the role is to help with the implementation of externally funded projects in the Low Carbon Building Research (LCBR) Group.
You will be responsible for:
- Implementation and day-to-day running of the EPSRC funded RESIDE and BEIS funded Domestic demand side response projects
- Undertaking large-scale monitoring campaign of electricity use of dwellings across the five climatic zones of India
- Monitoring housing developments for their energy and environmental performance, and gather occupant feedback
- Creating dwelling level and community-level GIS-based energy models to predict potential for local demand reduction
- Conducting resident surveys to assess user experience with domestic demand side response
- Gathering and analysing time-series data on domestic electricity use, generation and storage to assess the effectiveness of smart batteries and control
- Preparation of papers for publication and making presentations at meetings and/or conferences.
You will also be responsible to assist other researchers in the Research Group (e.g. student, visitors) as required on research projects running in the Low Carbon Building Research Group and contribute to the research culture.
You will undertake any teaching activities that may be agreed with the Head of the Research Group and in line with any Funding Body’s rules/regulations e.g. tutorials, practicals.